tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cahana <>
Subject http to https with Netscape
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:01:18 GMT
I'm certain that you are aware that there have been multiple discussions concerning switching
from http to https with Netscape and how Netscape doesn't send the cookie back to the server
if the port numbers are not the default port numbers.  Are you guys planning on implementing
a session cookie domain attribute for Tomcat 3.x or Tomcat 4 so that we can specify to which
domain the browser sends the cookie(s) to?  The following url:
states that JServ contained such an attribute to set the domain, and I know that Weblogic
also has such an attribute.