tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject [4.1] Removal of circular dependency with JTC
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:57:27 GMT
Hi,

After running into trouble with packaging 4.0.2 b2, I've decided to overhaul
the build system (again :)).
I modified the Catalina build.xml so that it calls the scripts in j-t-c at
the appropriate time during the Catalina build process (and the two JARs
from j-t-c which are committed in the CVS are now useless). It is far for
perfect, but it's a very nice improvement over the current solution already,
given the amount of JAR dependencies Catalina now has (or will have) with
j-t-c.

Unfortunately, the amount of changes makes it unlikely this will ever be
ported to the 4.0 branch (which I think we should now put as much as
possible in feature freeze mode; with the exception of new modules).

I could go on and describe the changes to the script for a while, but unless
someone (Craig ?) really has a problem with the philosophy of that change,
I'll commit the new script, and we'll work from there.

Remy