tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <>
Subject [4.1] Removal of circular dependency with JTC
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:57:27 GMT

After running into trouble with packaging 4.0.2 b2, I've decided to overhaul
the build system (again :)).
I modified the Catalina build.xml so that it calls the scripts in j-t-c at
the appropriate time during the Catalina build process (and the two JARs
from j-t-c which are committed in the CVS are now useless). It is far for
perfect, but it's a very nice improvement over the current solution already,
given the amount of JAR dependencies Catalina now has (or will have) with

Unfortunately, the amount of changes makes it unlikely this will ever be
ported to the 4.0 branch (which I think we should now put as much as
possible in feature freeze mode; with the exception of new modules).

I could go on and describe the changes to the script for a while, but unless
someone (Craig ?) really has a problem with the philosophy of that change,
I'll commit the new script, and we'll work from there.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message