tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: classloader issues (ClassCastException on org.xml.sax.Parser)
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:28:52 GMT
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 06:14:18PM -0800, Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> Do you mean you're spawning another process to do compilation?  I
> thought that javac's core class had been fixed so that it'd be possible
> to run it in a thread in an existing server ... for a number of reasons,
> including performance and the awkwardness of spawning processes on
> win32.  (I know there was talk about that years ago, when I last worked
> on a page compilation system, but I don't know what happened with it.)

Jasper uses the javac API which doesn't spawn a process, but it still
behaves the same way it does if you actually spawn a process.

Also, you can't change the delegation and still be spec compliant. We could
avoid implementing the requirement of preventing loading core libraries, if
it turns out it's not implementable.

Remy