tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Hofmann" <dhofm...@charlesjones.com>
Subject Will there ever be any support added for Oracle 8i hosted EJB's communicating with Tomcat?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:30:06 GMT
My company is trying to create a distributed app with EJB's being hosted on
Oracle 8i server.  However, as you may all know already, calling EJB's from
Oracle doesn't work or work well with the Tomcat JSP/Servlet container.  It
gives many errors, include ClassCastException errors.  There is only 1
workaround I know of and it is so limiting that it isn't practical.
So my question is:  Is there goign to be Oracle support in a future release
of Tomcat?  If so, when?

Thanks a lot.

I would prefer e-mail responses as well as posts because I have to refer my
findings to the upper brass =:)

Sincerely,
Daniel Hofmann (dhofmann@charlesjones.com)
Software Development