tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Jk2: jkctl handler
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 22:24:24 GMT

This tries to solve the 'egg and chicken' config problem, and to
fix/enable some other things.

I want to add a second handler in mod_jk, similar with the 'status' for
apache, mod_jserv, etc. ( same security issues - i.e. users will need
access control, to use it, etc ).

The most important feature ( for now ) will be the handling of 'ping',
where mod_jk will connect to any worker it knows about and send a ping
message.

Whenever tomcat starts, the ajp connector ( if configured to ) will access
this control uri - Apache will then reconnect to it and update it's info.
( apache does try to connect to workers when it starts, but it is possible
that tomcat was down ). It will also update it's up/down state for
workers that were marked as down as result of connection failure.

This will also alow user to add/remove application in a 'lb' environment
in a nice and clean manner.

The handler will report the status of it's workers as result ( in simple
XHTML format, nothing fancy ).

Opinions ? Votes ( I'm looking for +1s == I will help :-)

Costin