tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Anand Bashyam Narasimham <ana...@digitalthink.com>
Subject RE: context path aliasing
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 01:21:32 GMT
John,

By defining your application as two context in the server.xml file you are
instructing tomcat to treat them as individual web-applications. This is how
Context have been defined. Every context is a web-application by itself. You
can however define a URL mapping to a Router Servlet that will route the
request to "stats" and "stats001" and disallow other paths to enter.

So if you have
http://www.xyz.com/stats/abc/abc123.jsp
http://www.xyz.com/stats001/abc/abc123.jsp

Both request will be routed to the Servlet and you can suitable redirect
them to the corresponding page. If there's any processing that needs to be
done based on what path the request comes from, this approach would be
useful.

Anand

-----Original Message-----
From: john woo [mailto:john32672001@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 3:38 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: context path aliasing

I have a web application that needs to be accessed via
two different "paths".

For example:
    http://www.xyz.com/stats
    http://www.xyz.com/stats2001

So, I'd like to have that web application associated
with the paths
"stats" as well as "stats2001".

This can be done via two separate <Context> elements
in
server.xml. For example:

   <Context path="stats" docBase="stats2001" .../>
   <Context path="stats2001" docBase="stats2001" .../>

The problem though is that two web-applications
are then started. I'd like to have only one. Possible?