tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Jk2: jkctl handler
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:47:39 GMT
>> could you explain us more about ping ?
>
>Jk now has a 'ping' message type, which replaces the login and
>discovery
>messages.
>
>It will send the 'ping' as the first packet when it opens the
>connection,
>and also every time it is asked for ( or even periodically ). The ping
>will be equivalent with an empty request - it will 'switch roles',
>allowing tomcat to send messages and get/set information.
>
>For example, tomcat can send a 'loginSeed' packet and request
>md5 auth. Or
>it can request a different auth method. Then it can send uriMaps or
>contextStatus messages.

What the result on login phase ?

webserver send ping.
tomcat send a loginseed in reply
webserver send the loginsequence
tomcat reply by sending log granted/deny

How did tomcat will send uriMaps/ContextStatus without knowing from
which VirtualHost the login came ? Did we add the VirtualHost info
in login message ?

>The C side is very simple ( and clear - I hope ) - adding new message
>handlers require just  adding a C file and adding it to the
>registry. See
>the processCallbacks method in workerEnv.

Did the callback will have information about current state ?
ie: connect stage (physical, logical (granted), autoconf received)

>Ping will get an 'ok' response, signaling tomcat is ok - but
>before the ok
>message tomcat can update anything else or request anything.

webserver send ping.
tomcat send a loginseed in reply
webserver send the loginsequence
tomcat reply by sending log granted/deny
tomcat send ok to ping ?

>> >Opinions ? Votes ( I'm looking for +1s == I will help :-)
>>
>> Seems good, what's the help you need there ?
>
>Right now the most important thing is to make sure jk2 builds and works
>as good as ( or better than ) jk1.
>Then we have to port the other server connectors ( apache13,
>iis, etc ).
>I want to finish ( or at least 'freeze' ) jk2 refactoring ( or at least
>the first round ) in few days - but I also want to sleep, so
>any contribution would
>be great - testing, updating connectors, implementing the 'jkctl' ( or
>parts of it )...

Ok, what about waiting for jk2 freeze, and then let us start in writing
callback handlers ? May be good to prepare for us empty callback which
will be implemented by contributors ;)