tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Off topic:Old jserv source question
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 15:32:48 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for the legacy question but it seems all the names I come across
when doing a search for this seem to be working on Tomcat...

I'm stuck fixing a problem with a servlet running in jserv/apache
environment.

I have a servlet service() method which sets a response header

 public void service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp)
        throws ServletException
 {
      resp.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
      if (resp.containsHeader("Pragma"))

The containsHeader() ALWAYS returns false.  I'm running

Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.6 ApacheJServ/1.1.2

I can't find any source for JServeConnection.  Can anyone tell me if
containsHeader is supposed to work.  I found some cvs commits on the web
which may have implied that it always does return false.

Many thanks
Antony