tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From g...@stinky.com (Alex Chaffee)
Subject [FAQ] jGuru FAQ Update
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2001 01:23:36 GMT
jGuru maintains FAQs and Forums on Servlets, JSP, and Tomcat (as well as
many other Java topics).  Here is an automated update on recent postings to
Tomcat-related FAQs.  Please direct flames and feedback to alex@jguru.com .

 - Alex

++ JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

What is JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL)?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=704343

How can I protect my JSP resources using security realms under Tomcat 4?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=704339

Can Tag Libraries be used to
internationalize an application?

If yes, then what are the advantages
and disadvantages?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=704229

I have included some audio files in a jsp page. The audio files are in .rm extension. When
I click on the hyperlink for the audio file in the browser, instead of playing  the audio,
it shows some junk data in the web page. How do I remedy this?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=702573

How can I distinguish b/w 2 buttons which are submitting the same form from within my JSP
page?
I'd like to solve this problem without using JavaScript.
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=702133

++ Servlets FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Servlets

Is it possible to make calls to C or C++ methods from a servlet?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=594580

How to check for the validation of a Unix login username and password from Java?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=594578

Our servlet program needs to read an image file (*.jpg or gif) and create thumnail files.
Is there any program available I can use ?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=594565

I read the section on Filters and the spec seems to be silent on some issues...
Can you clarify?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=594562

How do I set a System Property and access it from a Servlet?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=594561

Is it better to have lots of methods to my servlet, or to keep the code inside the doGet or
doPost method?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=594560

When two or more people are using my servlet, why does everyone see the data for the person
who has logged in latest?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=594540

How do i find out whether a request to a particular servlet is coming from another servlet
or, if it is coming from a user request?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=594117

You can shut email notification off at the FAQ home
page(s) or:

  http://www.jguru.com/guru/notifyprefs.jsp