tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AJP Todo
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 04:29:22 GMT

On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Bill Barker wrote:

> Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 20:24:35 -0800
> From: Bill Barker <wbarker@wilshire.com>
> To: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: AJP Todo
>
> I've just checked in an initial port of ${Server}Config for 4.x into j-t-c.
> The problems I'm having at the moment are:
> (a) While Container fires the start-event at the end, Server fires it at the
> beginning.  As a result, I can't really have this as a Server Listener as I
> would like.
> (b) For a context defined in the server.xml, there seems to be no public way
> to determine the document base as an absolute path.  This may just be my
> lack of familiarity with Catalina however.  On a related note, I wasn't able
> to find any way to determine if a Context even has a document base (as
> opposed to a war file).

If the web app is deployed as a directory, you can call
context.getDocBase() for this.  If the context is deployed as a WAR file,
there is no such thing as the "document base as an absolute path".  In
such a scenario, you need to choose one of the following options:

* Forward *all* requests to Tomcat for processing

* Reject a webapp that is deployed this way

Craig