tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JAAS
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 17:06:27 GMT

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Kalyoncu, Erdal wrote:

> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:56:55 +0100
> From: "Kalyoncu, Erdal" <Erdal.Kalyoncu@Dresdner-Bank.com>
> To: "'tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org'" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: JAAS
>
> Hi jakarta-dev-team,
>
> I want to know, if Tomcat 4.0 provide JAAS.
> I read in the J2EE-specification 1.3, that it provide JAAS.
> The servlet-specification 2.3 provide J2EE-1.3.
> Tomcat 4.0 provide the servlet-specification 2.3.
>
> My question is, if you hava any docs or examples for JAAS in connection with
> Tomcat 4.
> When you don't hava a answer, then give me please E-Mail adress, where I can
> find
> any Information.
>
> Sorry for my english.
> Please send me reply

In the current nightly builds of Tomcat 4 (available at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/nightly/>) there is
an experimental implementation of a JAAS Realm, which you would select
by using a <Realm> element like this:

  <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
           appName="myapp"/>

The "appName" parameter identifies the application name that is passed to
the JAAS LoginContext constructor (and therefore picks the set of login
methods based on your JAAS configuration).

Currently, this Realm supports user authentication only -- it does not
support looking up the roles associated with a user.

> best regards
>
> Erdal

Craig McClanahan