tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AJP Todo
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 00:17:15 GMT

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Bill Barker wrote:

> Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 17:17:31 -0800
> From: Bill Barker <wbarker@wilshire.com>
> To: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: AJP Todo
>
> I have no objection to help porting ${Server}Config to 4.x, but I'm still a
> Catalina novice.  The 3.3 API is more command and control, so it is easier
> to get to the information.

+0 on "officially" supporting AJP in tomcat 4.x, as has been discussed
(i.e. I favor the idea, but cannot help).

>  It will take me a little time to find out how to
> get the servlet-mappings in Catalina.

Nearly all of the configuration-related information related to a web
application is available via "getXxx" or "findXxx" methods on the
org.apache.catalina.context.Context interface.  For servlet mappings in
particular, you can look up the mapping for a particular pattern with
findServletMapping(), or get all the defined mapping patterns with
findServletMappings().

There are similar methods available to access all the other stuff that was
configured in web.xml (or, in some cases, from server.xml).

Craig