tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Manoj Dandge" <manoj.dan...@wipro.com>
Subject Response Code for Errors
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 05:27:16 GMT
Hi ,
I am using tomcat 4 to run the servlets. And I am accessing the servlets using javacode(HttpURLConnection
class and its getInputStream, getResponseMessage and getResponseCode) This is working well
for existing servlets. But  If I try to access servlet with wrong name I should get the corresponding
ResponseCode and responseMessage. (e.g. 404/ Not Found) but I am getting response code and
message as blank. However if seen in browser I get proper message for corresponding errors.
Can u pl help me how I can get same code and message (what I can get browser) using java code.
Thanks and Regards,
...ManojD