tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Zhou" <brian_z...@yahoo.com>
Subject [SSI] initial environment?
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 17:36:34 GMT
Hi tomcat-developers,

Is there a prefered way to set the initial env for an SSI page? I'm working
on a simple template servlet using SSI to allow something like:

<!--#include virtual="${header}"-->
<!--#include virtual="${body}"-->
<!--#include virtual="${footer}"-->

Most of the support are there, but how does one set the initial env
programatically from a servlet? I know probably I can add a
"tomcat.ssi.environment" SsiEnvironment instance as attribute of the
HttpServletRequest, but it seems to involve the whole catalina.jar and
servlets-ssi.jar (and maybe more) being copied into
servletContext/WEB-INF/lib. Is it possible we leave a light-weight,
loosly-coupled hook for this purpose? I give an example below just using
Hashtable, of course we can change the attribute name.

JSP and taglib can achieve the same thing, but I just like the
non-invasiveness of SSI better - everything still in valid HTML.

Thanks,

-Brian

diff -r1.2 SsiEnvironment.java
69d68