tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: AJP Todo
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 05:02:54 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: AJP Todo

> If the web app is deployed as a directory, you can call
> context.getDocBase() for this.  If the context is deployed as a WAR file,
> there is no such thing as the "document base as an absolute path".  In
> such a scenario, you need to choose one of the following options:
Unfortunately, if the context is declared in server.xml, getDocBase returns
the docBase declared in server.xml (e.g. "examples" in the shipping
server.xml).  I can't see how to turn this into an absolute path.

> * Forward *all* requests to Tomcat for processing
This is my preference.  The problem is determining if it is deployed as a
WAR file or not given the context.  This one is probably just my stupidity
however :).