tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Alec" <alec...@msa.hinet.net>
Subject Re: Servlet Caching problem
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:52:53 GMT
You may insert following code in your servlets/jsp pages to avoid
proxies/browsers caching contents:
response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-store");
response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
response.setHeader("Expires", "0");

It's an annoying problem due to a dummy assumption made by IE and some proxy
servers that
caused them to ignore any update from the web server; even if they fetched
the newer contents
from your web server, they simply drop them and show you the old cached
contents.

----- Original Message -----
From: "rakesh" <rakesh.narang@iservindia.com>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 2:59 PM
Subject: Servlet Caching problem

hi

I am facing problem in tomcat 3.2.3 while recompiling the servlet ,whenever
i make any changes in any existing servlet but after compiling the servlet
its still show me the old output of the servlet because its taking that
servlet from caching and its not reffreshing that unless until i don't
restart the tomcat server

Pls help me to solve this problem thanks

Rakesh