tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Rescorla <...@rtfm.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat to support other keystore types?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 16:53:25 GMT
jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com> writes:
> Eric Rescorla wrote:
> > (2) Instead of installing a socketfactory install an SSLImplementation:
> >
> > interface SSLImplementation {
> >         string getImplementationName();
> >         string getSocketFactoryName();
> > }
> >
> > You could then interrogate the SSLImplementation to discover which
> > compatability class to use.
>
> How do you get the SocketFactory in the Socket?
It would probably be pretty gross. I'd have to take a look at
the code more carefully to have a really good idea. I don't think
much of this approach myself...

> > However, it seems like you've already decided
> > against this approach in favor of using explicit compatibility
> > layers.
>
> Somes patches + Votes may change decisions...
I'm happy to provide patches for this approach. I just wanted to
make sure that people weren't totally against it before I started.
I take it you think it's worth trying?

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   ekr@rtfm.com]