tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Rescorla <...@rtfm.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat to support other keystore types?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 17:28:18 GMT
<cmanolache@yahoo.com> writes:
> IMHO it would be better to decouple the SSL info from the socket
> factory and socket abstraction - in apache+tomcat case all the information
> will be retrieved from apache using RPC-like communication.
The approach I was thinking about was to have some abstract
SSLSocket interface that all the SSL modules had to implement.
How that interface was implemented would be under the covers.
It would be straightforward for the apache+tomcat implementations
to use RPC internally to get information about the sockets.

Is that what you had in mind or were you thinking of something
different?

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   ekr@rtfm.com]