tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina Container.java
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 21:40:57 GMT
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> How about listing the API differences somewhere ?
> I really don't expect there will be many, and most of them should be methods
> addition (which still breaks the build because we're using interfaces, but
> is only a small annotance).
> I'll add a new XML document on this in the documentation.

As long as the code can't compile with both 4.0 and 4.1 - it doesn't
matter how many differences there are or if it's listed or not.

Method addition is easy to work around - i.e. it'll still compile on both
( assuming you add the dummy method ), the problem is SocketFactory and
the incompatible APIs.

Costin