tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Help Requested
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 15:26:38 GMT
On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> This sounds like it might be a very well-known bug in JDK 1.3 on Windows,
> where any Java app started by an NT user would be terminated when the user
> logged off.  My understanding is that this was fixed in 1.3.1, but I don't
> use NT so I cannot verify it.

	For what it's worth, that bug has definitely been fixed in 1.3.1
with a new JVM flag.  IIRC, the new flag disables any shutdown handlers as
a side effect.  The bug report on the JDC has numerous links to a very
handy package for installing Java programs as services, but you'll still
have to manually include the new flag (which is documented in the 1.3.1
Release Notes) if you want the correct behavior for NT services.

Aaron