tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From joseph.val...@bnpparibas.com
Subject Re: tomcat hangging problem
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 17:03:11 GMT

Hello all!

here I am back with my "hangging" problem on SMP aix boxes (AIX 4.3.3,
2-to-8 processor machines, java 1.3.0)

after a pair of weeks :-((( it seems IBM has found what was wrong.

first, a patch (APAR in AIX language) has to be applied to avoid a
potential infinite gc!
I don't know exactly what the patch is made of, and why gc could begin and
never end, but APAR IY22549 was sent and applied.
at this point, IBM guys asked not to run java program without the patch!

and then... tomcat dumped cores ;)

and last information from IBM says that APAR was buggy, and made gc garbage
"live" data!!

now, we are just waiting for a new patch...
stay tuned ;)

--
Joseph

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential.  If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender.

Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.

The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message.  BNP PARIBAS
(and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message
if modified.
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sint confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le detruire et d'en avertir
immediatement l'expediteur.

Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme a sa destination, toute
diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf
autorisation expresse.

L'internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'integrite de ce message, BNP
PARIBAS (et ses filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce