tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Hu, Xuebing" <Xuebing...@ca.com>
Subject RE: How does Tomcat handle discarded-request
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 22:39:09 GMT
Hi, Craig,

Here is my skeleton jsp,

<jsp:useBean id="workBean" class="..." ...>
</jsp:useBean>

<%
	Object param1=getParameter("Param1") ;
        Object paramn = getParameter("Paramn") ;

        // let us say that doWork takes a few minutes to finish
        // and I just can not wait at the browser side and I issues another request to TOMCAT
        Object result = workBean.doWork(param1, ..., paramn) ;

        // Is IOException thrown out here?
        out.println(result) ;
%>

As per your explaination, is IOException thrown out on out.println()???, since it is JSP,
so my workBean has no way to talk to something at the browser side to get data.

thanks,
David