tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Hu, Xuebing" <Xuebing...@ca.com>
Subject How does Tomcat handle discarded-request
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 19:57:26 GMT
> Hi,
>
> I issues to Tomcat one request which takes kind of long time to response, when the backend
servlet or bean is working on the result, I just can not wait and clicked somewhere on my
browser page to issue another request, in this case, I am wondering what Tomcat to do with
the previous working servlet, is it still runing until finish or Tomcat just kill the thread
and force it stop.

> The question is closely related to connection pool, without the work finish, the connection
will not be returned to pool in working bean or servlet, I suppose that Tomcat keeps the servlet
thread running until it finishes, otherwise, there is no way for the servlet to finish his
work and return connection.