tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <>
Subject Re: And in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and good bye...
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 20:34:16 GMT
Sam Ruby at wrote:

> Henri Gomez wrote:
>> May be it's better for OpenSource to have people like
>> them outside big company and sus avoiding political
>> problems.
> Pier worked for IBM.  Pier worked for Exoffice.  Pier worked for Sun.
> IMHO, it is best for OpenSource to view Pier based on the code he has
> contributed and how he fits into the community, and not based on who he
> accepts a pay check from this week.

Thanks for the words :) Indeed you're right, also considering the fact that
I started on Jserv, Jakarta and Tomcat well before I was associated with any
of the three above mentioned names.

As I said, Sun is not to blame for what happened, there are some really big
economic factors that are already crippling them, and I just happened to be
in the wrong place when this struck.

But I also wanted to give the clear message that, since till last week my
name was associated with a particular company, now, I'm not. :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message