tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: Mod_webapp & Solaris 8
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:02:00 GMT
Matt Goyer wrote:

> I've been struggling with this for a week or two now..
>
> I'm able to compile mod_webapp on Solaris 8 with GCC 3.0.1 using the
> snapshots of mod_webapp and apr from CVS. However I have to modify my
> apxs since three values don't get properly set by the apache makefile.
> So I then try and load my compiled mod_webapp with Apache and get the
> following error:
>
> Syntax error on line 206 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into server:
> ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so: symbol __lshrdi3: referenced
> symbol not found

Argh...! I thought I fixed the mod_webapp to detect this problem before
compiling...
Could you retry with
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/src/webapp-module-1.0.1-tc401-src.tar.gz
The configure should say "Cannot mix gcc and native cc", if not tell me what
uname -a tells so I can add it to the check list.

The solution is _not_ using gcc with mod_webapp when apache-1.3 was compiled
with a native compiler.