tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina Container.java
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 21:04:19 GMT
costinm@covalent.net wrote:

> Speaking of that, I still have problems with the SocketFactory and can't
> build the same code on 4.0 and 4.1.

That's exactly what I was referring to.

> I have no problem if 4.1 is going to be incompatible at API level with 4.0
> - in fact I would be very happy to see the API cleaned up and easier to
> use - but I would prefer if this is decided by vote and ... we know about
> it :-)

At least on once we agree...

> Right now the APIs are very close - and people may be misleaded into
> thinking 4.1 is backward compatible with 4.0, which is not ( at least the
> ajp connector didn't built few days ago with 4.1 ).

For WebApp, right now, I think it would be better to stick with the 4.0
tree...

> So either add in big letter "INCOMPATIBLE WITH 4.0" or roll back the
> incompatible changes.

:) Or at least, post a message detailing what and why BEFORE committing.

     Pier

BTW, no response yet to my non-compliancy observation on the HTTP
connector...