tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Farley <unixphr...@austin.rr.com>
Subject anchors and response.encodeURL()
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 07:49:58 GMT
Hello,

I think I may (keyword -> MAY) have discovered a bug.

When using the request.encodeURL("<some url>") to support tracking users
who have cookies disabled, everything seems to work great, except one
little quirk I've noticed:

Say you have a jsp page that has anchors in it, say
   billing.jsp#cycles

When calling response.encode("billing.jsp#cycles"), the customary
";jsessionid=<nice long value>" is appended to the url, but
request.isRequestedSessionIdFromURL() returns false and the session
seems to be lost.

Of course, this may be by design; can anyone comment on whether or not
anchors are supported with the encodeURL() method on a HttpRequest object?

Thanks.
--
Jesse Farley
unixphreek@austin.rr.com