tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Gokey <cgo...@gcmd.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Error ajp13_process_callback - write failed
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 02:44:19 GMT
lsof is invaluable tool!  Thank you for sharing this with me.  I watch
the number of unclosed files grow asI time went on and was able to
pinpoint exactly what files needed to be closed.  throughout the day, I
noticed it climbed to near 1000 and it probably was on its way to
crashing again since I believe the limit is 1024 (although that is
configurable.)  I went through my code carefull and now things seem
pretty stable,it doesn't grow past 27 fds now.  I guess Java isn't like
other cgi programs where the interpeter comes up, executes your code,
and shuts down., since the VM is also up, great care must be taken to
make sure all streams are closed.

Thanks again...  Time will tell for sure, but I think that was the
reason for this error.

Chris