tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Mod_webapp & Solaris 8
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:45:28 GMT
On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 03:30:38PM -0500, Matt Goyer wrote:
> I've got both binutils and libtool installed.
>
> How do I get it to use the GNU linker instead? Though 'ld -v' tells me
> ld -v 'GNU ld version 2.11.2 (with BFD 2.11.2)'

That's a good question. I'm not seeing any relevant flags or params
that one can pass to gcc, and I am seing the string '/usr/ccs/bin/ld'
showing up in the gcc binary, so I'm guessing it has to be configured
at compile-time. Did you try setting the LD environment variable?

The only surefire ways I know of making this work are:
- add libgcc.a to your linker line (ie the output of
  `gcc -print-libgcc-file-name`)
- recompile gcc to use the gnu linker

-aaron