tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 4705] New: - Jasper seeming classpath bug using JSPC
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 16:44:47 GMT
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4705>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4705

Jasper seeming classpath bug using JSPC

           Summary: Jasper seeming classpath bug using JSPC
           Product: Tomcat 4
           Version: Unknown
          Platform: PC
        OS/Version: Other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: Normal
          Priority: Other
         Component: Jasper
        AssignedTo: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
        ReportedBy: geoff@mediumone.com


I was attempting to make use of JSPC to pre-compile JSP files for the build 
process, not so much to make use of those pre-compiled JSPs as it was to catch 
JSP compilation errors before deploying the application and running the 
HttpUnit tests.  I ran into problems.  Tomcat reported that it couldn't load 
some of my beans used in the JSPs, but only a few specific beans in a few 
specific files.

After a long run of trying to figure out what was wrong, I managed to discover 
that the problem only occurred using <jsp:getProperty>.  With further analysis, 
it became clear that if I did <jsp:useBean> on a bean that was in the WEB-
INF/classes, and then <jsp:getProperty>, it would work fine.  If I used 
<jsp:useBean on a bean that was in a jar in WEB-INF/lib, then tried 
<jsp:getProperties>, the JSPC process wouldn't be able to find the bean.  
Without the jsp:getProperties tag, though, it would work just fine.

Strangely, it also works just fine within Tomcat when tomcat is running.  The 
application has no troubles with those pages, even though I can't pre-compile 
them.

The failure only occurs when using jsp:getProperty after jsp:useBean on a bean 
that can be found in a jar in WEB-INF/lib, when using JSPC rather than tomcat.

Feel free to contact me if you have any troubles duplicating this.  

I'm using JBoss-2.4.1 with Embedded CatalinaSX, although I tried using my 
previously-installed Tomcat standalone, and had the same problem.

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message