tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: DbcpDataSourceFactory.java
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 23:26:50 GMT
On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Andy Olliver wrote:

> Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 23:13:37 -0000
> From: Andy Olliver <andy@slyfrog.com>
> To: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE:  DbcpDataSourceFactory.java
>
> Hi
>
> What is the current status with this code ?
>
> I am looking for any JNDI + JDBC 2.0 Datasource solution that I can get
> working effectively with TC4.01.

It is experimental in two senses:

* I've played with it lightly and it seems to work, but there's no
  guarantees that I've covered all the use cases.

* The "dbcp" and "pool" packages (from Commons) that this relies on
  are not formally released yet, although the code is pretty solid and
  used in production systems by those who originally contributed it.

That being said, I'd be interested in feedback from people who try this
code out.

> Have tried the tyrex code, but it seems to be the XA implementation rather
> than the pool.
>
> Andy

Craig