tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>
Subject Re: Welcome to the Tomcat 4.0 F.A.Q. on-line forum.
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 00:19:33 GMT
Quoting Pier Fumagalli <pier@betaversion.org>:

> Bill Barker at wbarker@wilshire.com wrote:
>
> > I know that Jon has already pointed out that Sun is going to sue the
> 3.x
> > branch out of Jakarta in five months,
>
> I don't think Jon said that, and as a Sun employee I can guarantee
> that
> Tomcat 3.x remains one of our strongholds AND the official servlet 2.2
> container / jsp 1.1 engine used in the J2EE reference implementation.
>
> Probably most of the people from Sun you see on the mailing list are
> more
> "connected" with 4.0 as we're developing for the new release(s) of the
> spec,
> but 3.x is still one of our major focuses in terms of integration.

Pier & Craig (and other Sun people out there), would you guys be able to grab
one of your company lawyers for 5 minutes to ask about the TC 3.x license expiry
issue (that was the issue what Jon pointed out, I believe). It would be nice to
know the official version of the license interpretation.

Bojan