tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "chris brown" <...@reflexe.fr>
Subject Suggestion for directory listings generated by Tomcat
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 12:35:57 GMT
Hi,

I'm setting up a search engine to index some sites running under Tomcat
(4.01 as it happens).  It redundantly indexes Tomcat's directory listing
pages as valid documents (albeit with little interest).  I can of course set
up URL filters for the search engine that force it to follow links without
indexing content when the URL ends with "/" (path separator).

It would maybe make life simpler for everyone in my situation if someone
could modify Tomcat's directory listing servlet to include the following
meta tag :

Hopefully someone has a few spare minutes to do that.

Many thanks in advance,
-Chris Brown