tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: anchors and response.encodeURL()
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 20:20:17 GMT
I'd have to go back and read the spec to say if it is a bug or not.  The
problem is that the browser strips the anchor before sending to Tomcat, and
it thinks that the jsessionid is part of the anchor.  A work-around is:
href="<%= response.encodeURL("billing.jsp") %>#cycles"
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesse Farley" <unixphreek@austin.rr.com>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 11:49 PM
Subject: anchors and response.encodeURL()

> Hello,
>
> I think I may (keyword -> MAY) have discovered a bug.
>
> When using the request.encodeURL("<some url>") to support tracking users
> who have cookies disabled, everything seems to work great, except one
> little quirk I've noticed:
>
> Say you have a jsp page that has anchors in it, say
>    billing.jsp#cycles
>
> When calling response.encode("billing.jsp#cycles"), the customary
> ";jsessionid=<nice long value>" is appended to the url, but
> request.isRequestedSessionIdFromURL() returns false and the session
> seems to be lost.
>
> Of course, this may be by design; can anyone comment on whether or not
> anchors are supported with the encodeURL() method on a HttpRequest object?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Jesse Farley
> unixphreek@austin.rr.com
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

*----*

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above
as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient,
you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive
information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal
identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted)
e-mail.