tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Info on customizing jspc - jasper
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:27:30 GMT
This is off-topic for the dev list.  You'll probably get a better response
from tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org.

What you want is <@page extends="my.jsp.page.class" %>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alberto Romei" <a.romei@centrosistemi.it>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 10:32 AM
Subject: Info on customizing jspc - jasper

> I wanted to use JspC to generate a java program (not exactly a servlet)
> which writes its output to a file on the disk instead of the
> HttpServletResponse's JspWriter.
>
> In practice, i just need to customize the fixed parts of the generated
code
> like:
>
>     public class Foo extends HttpJspBase {
>
> or
>
>     public void _jspService(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse
> response)
>         throws java.io.IOException, ServletException {
>
> From what i've seen, i could simply substitute JspParseEventListener in
the
> jasper jars, but in this way i would "throw away" the normal processing of
> JSPs.
>
> So, what is the correct way to customize the JSP compilation ?
> Must i subclass org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler and call
> MyCompiler.something() instead of jspc.parseFiles() ? (that would be a lot
> of work... )
> If so, is there any kind of documentation on how to correctly write a
custom
> JSP compiler ? (possibly working with future versions of tomcat, too)
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alberto
>
> P.S.
> I'm new to tomcat source, so please be patient.
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

*----*

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above
as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient,
you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive
information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal
identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted)
e-mail.