tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: http protocol version question
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:06:44 GMT
These types of questions are better addressed at
tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org.

The short answer is that Tomcat 3.x currently supports only the 1.0
protocol.  Tomcat 4.x also supports the 1.1. protocol.
----- Original Message -----
From: "yuexiang" <yue.xiang.yang@gridnode.com>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 11:18 PM
Subject: http protocol version question

> Hi,
>
> I am new as a tomcat user.
> Who can explain to me what is the relation between http protocol version
(1.0 /1.1)
> and the tomcat? It seems that the servlet already return http packet as
1.0 verion.

> Thanks
> yang
>

>              ^  ^
>              (oo)\_______
>              (__)\       )\/\
>                  ||----w |
>                  ||     ||

> Welcome http://192.168.213.203
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

*----*

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above
as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient,
you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive
information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal
identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted)
e-mail.