tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Alberto Romei" <a.ro...@centrosistemi.it>
Subject Re: Info on customizing jspc - jasper
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:34:06 GMT
Hi, and many thanks for the replies.
Using <%@page extends="my.jsp.page.class" %> allows me to change only the
name of the superclass for my JSP, but i need to do more than this.
I need to change all the fixed lines of the generated code.
For example, i would like to change:

    public void _jspService(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response)
in
    public void _jspService(MyParam p1, String  s, int n)

or substituting
        JspFactory _jspxFactory = null;
with
        String name = "X";

and so on...

The other solution proposed by Mike is good, but HttpServletResponse needs a
ServletOutputStream, and the generated servlet calls getPageContext() which
takes my request and response objects, so i guess my implementation will not
be so straightforward. Anyway, i think i'll try this way.

If you have other ideas, please let me know

Thanks
Alberto