tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject To SSL or not SSL, that is the question
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 05:27:30 GMT
Having lost the vote on the URL commit, I'm making up for it by adding the
URLStreamHandlerFactory to 3.3.  This implementation should make both Costin
and me happy since it will support constructing a
java.net.URL("https://...") both in the cases when JSSE/OpenTLS is installed
in WEB-INF/lib and when it is not installed at all.

I've been on the losing side of every vote on this project, so I'm going to
take the novel approach of voting-first-then-committing :).  My personal
preference is to set the Factory at the end of ETC.init (since
Http10Interceptor currently changes the installed handler.pks).  I expect
that I'm going to lose on this vote as well, since this is relatively late
to set it :)

In the spirit of reciprocation, I have no objection if the 4.0 branch wants
to import this class to their branch.  It's simply that I don't know
o.a.c.util well enough (yet) to know how they do privileged actions over
there.

*----*

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above
as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient,
you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive
information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal
identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted)
e-mail.