tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: StandardManager
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 07:55:28 GMT
On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Prashant Rao wrote:

| But as soon as the stress thest was stopped the house keeping thread
| (StandardManager) started to drop all the sessions.

This sounds like the StandardManager thread could be running on a lower
priority. This because lower priority threads in Java apparently are
guaranteed to starve if there are other higher pri (normal, then) which
wants to do work..

Could this be it? I have no clue as of the pri of the manager (or anything
else of the internals of Tomcat, to be honest), but it sure sounds like a
thread starvation problem.

Anyways it sounds like something that definately shouldn't happen.

One thing, though: why/how did the serialization mechanism kick in? I
thought that would be handled by the manager too?

Endre.

--
Mvh,
Endre