tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Hu, Xuebing" <Xuebing...@ca.com>
Subject How does Tomcat handle discarded-request
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:23:11 GMT
Hi,

I issues to Tomcat one request which takes kind of long time to response, when the backend
servlet or bean is working on the result, I just can not wait and clicked somewhere on my
browser page to issue another request, in this case, I am wondering what Tomcat to do with
the previous working servlet, is it still runing until finish or Tomcat just kill the thread
and force it stop.

The question is closely related to connection pool, without the work finish, the connection
will not be returned to pool in working bean or servlet, I suppose that Tomcat keeps the servlet
thread running until it finishes, otherwise, there is no way for the servlet to finish his
work and return connection.

Any response is appreciated.

Thanks,
David