tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Hans Schmid" <Hans.Sch...@einsurance.de>
Subject [Tomcat 3.3rc1 and 3.3rc2] Same SessionID delivered to many
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:04:17 GMT
Thanks Ignacio,

yes, we use mod_ssl but the problem in our setup is, that we have
Tomcat3.3 for all new developed modules of our application running in
parallel with
JServ for our legacy modules. So we still have to use mod_jserv
in production :(

We expect a load up to 500 concurrent sessions in peek hours during the
next couple of months, so we plan to buy a hardware SSL solution anyway.

Is there a solution in sight that would deal with this scenario.
We have to use Cookies in our old modules anyways but would like to
get away from it. (this was one argument for our move to Tomcat :)

Thanks anyway,
keep up the excelent work,
Hans Schmid

einsurance Agency AG
Information Technology
Bayerstraße 33
80335 München

Tel: +49-89-55292- 860
Fax: +49-89-55292- 855

eMail: Hans.Schmid@einsurance.de
http://www.einsurance.de

A workaround for the useCookies under Apache+mod_ssl is to activate the
support for SSL in tomcat that is installing JSSE and uncommentting the
appopiate line in server.xml..

Hope that help, is not nice but will make work noCookies sessions in
your config..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega