tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Voting rules - was RE: [VOTE] Final release of Tomcat 3.3
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2001 16:59:12 GMT
On Friday, October 12, 2001, at 07:47  pm, Larry Isaacs wrote:

> It was my understanding that Tomcat 3.3 must not contain any
> support for Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 features.  If it did,
> a -1 was sufficient to stop its release.

Nope... It's not exactly like that.

> However, reviewing the current Jakarta Guidelines, "Release
> Testing" is listed as majority approval.  My recollection
> of earlier discussions on the PMC could be out of date.
> If I am in error about vetos, someone please let me know.

That's correct... Majority decides, but in case 3.x included
support for Servlet 2.3 and/or JSP 1.2, that would be a violation
of a PMC decision, and in that case the PMC and the board should
step in and force the team not to release...

Lack of 2.3/1.2 support in 3.x tree was a PMC/Board resolution, so,
that would be a problem that would be "escalated" to the next tiers
in the foundation.

	Pier