tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bree_Van...@amsinc.com
Subject Submission: Ant task for Tomcat 4.0 manager webapp tasks
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:55:45 GMT

All,

Attached is a zip archive containing a set of ant task defs that can be used to
interact with the manager webapp that comes with Jakarta-Tomcat 4.0. Included in
the zip are the source files, build.xml, compiled jar, and user manual. Attached
seperately is the "user manual" page similar to other optional tasks that come
with Ant.

I know that these are not very complex taskdefs, but I wanted to contribute them
anyway. The apache license is included in all of the source files.

Following is an example of how you would use the task in an ant build.xml file.

<tomcatdeploywebapp username="bree"
                    password="tomcat"
                    host="http://localhost"
                    port="8080"
                    path="/myApplication"
                    warfile="D:\code\myApplication\assemble\myApplication.war"
/>

I first submitted this to the ant dev group and they thought you guys might want
it (their concentrating on ant "core" functionality). A couple of them also
suggested that instead of having a different task for each command I could make
it one task with several optional commands. For example...

<tomcatmanager username="bree"
               password="tomcat"
               host="http://localhost"
               port="8080" >
   <deploy path="/${appname}"
           warfile="D:\code\paddlenorthflorida\assemble\paddlenorthflorida.war"
   />
</tomcat>

What do you guys think? Any interest?

Bree

 (See attached file: tomcatTaskdefs.zip)(See attached file: tomcatmanager.html)