tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nattu Natraj <>
Subject RE: mod_webapp and Win32, who wants it??
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:51:06 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry for the incomplete e-mail previously. Hit the wrong ctrl key by
mistake. Here is the full verions.

I was able to compile mod_webapp with the Makefiles bundled with the
distribution with a couple of tweaks.

My environment: Win2K Pro with SP2, VC6, Perl 5.6.1, Apache 1.3.20, Tomcat
4.0 release version, jdk1.3.1

1. Ran the command "perl apr\build\ -5" to fix the dsp files that
were in the distribution
2. Downloaded awk for Win2k from and
put in the support subdirectory and added it to my PATH environment variable
(The above two instructions are from
3. Opened up the dsp files in VC6 IDE and created the makefiles
4. ran "nmake /f dist" and the dist subdirectory was created
with and libapr.dll and followed the instructions in the
INSTALL.txt file to integrate with Apache.

However this setup has been very unstable to say the least. I have had 3
BSODs since last night and get the following errors intermittently (culled
from the Apache error log):
[Fri Oct 12 09:03:18 2001] [error] Invalid packet 6

The second time around the page loads fine. Also, when I try to load
http://localhost/examples none of the images are loaded.  I am going to dig
in to this further. If any body else has encountered this problem I would
appreciate any insights you can provide. Thanks.