tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nattu Natraj <nnat...@eye-ris.com>
Subject RE: mod_webapp and Win32, who wants it??
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:51:06 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry for the incomplete e-mail previously. Hit the wrong ctrl key by
mistake. Here is the full verions.

I was able to compile mod_webapp with the Makefiles bundled with the
distribution with a couple of tweaks.

My environment: Win2K Pro with SP2, VC6, Perl 5.6.1, Apache 1.3.20, Tomcat
4.0 release version, jdk1.3.1

1. Ran the command "perl apr\build\cvtdsp.pl -5" to fix the dsp files that
were in the distribution
2. Downloaded awk for Win2k from  http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/bwk/ and
put in the support subdirectory and added it to my PATH environment variable
(The above two instructions are from
http://apr.apache.org/compiling_win32.html)
3. Opened up the dsp files in VC6 IDE and created the makefiles
4. ran "nmake /f Makefile.win dist" and the dist subdirectory was created
with mod_webapp.so and libapr.dll and followed the instructions in the
INSTALL.txt file to integrate with Apache.

However this setup has been very unstable to say the least. I have had 3
BSODs since last night and get the following errors intermittently (culled
from the Apache error log):
[Fri Oct 12 09:03:18 2001] [error] Invalid packet 6

The second time around the page loads fine. Also, when I try to load
http://localhost/examples none of the images are loaded.  I am going to dig
in to this further. If any body else has encountered this problem I would
appreciate any insights you can provide. Thanks.

Nattu.