tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Re: J2EE 1.3/Tomcat/JAAS
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 06:47:07 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> That being said, we have tried to conform to the J2EE 1.3 platform
> requirements where feasible (such as with the JNDI naming context),
> and this one (JAAS) looks like a very useful addition.  In principle,
> it will require a Realm implementation that speaks the JAAS APIs,
> plus some defined mechanism for role mapping.
>
> Any volunteers working on this already?  Anyone want to contribute
> some code?

I have a JAAS Realm that supports role mapping, however, it's using an
extended Realm interface so that HttpRequest parameters can be passed to
the JAAS LoginModules.

It still has some open issues, such as integrating JAAS logout with the
container, however, what state do you need code to be in to be
contributed?

Rgds
Antony