tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From g...@stinky.com (Alex Chaffee)
Subject [FAQ] jGuru FAQ Update
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2001 00:23:18 GMT
jGuru maintains FAQs and Forums on Servlets, JSP, and Tomcat (as well as
many other Java topics).  Here is an automated update on recent postings to
Tomcat-related FAQs.  Please direct flames and feedback to alex@jguru.com .

 - Alex

need it? get it. tools, code and tutorials for open-standards based development.

Stay informed with dW's weekly email newsletter
http://www.jguru.com/misc/register_devworks.jsp?src=notify

Hi.  You asked to be notified weekly when certain jGuru.com items get new entries.

You can shut email notification off at the FAQ home
page(s) or:

  http://www.jguru.com/guru/notifyprefs.jsp

++ JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

How can I interrupt a request already sent to a JSP servlet engine, and thus stopping or altering
the thread the server is executing for that request? For example I want to use a cancel button
on my form's page to interrupt an already submitted request which may take a while to finish.
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525737

I want to pass an array of values that I have built within a JavaBean to a JSP, and for JavaScript
within the page to process it and display it. The Bean sets the array, and the JavaScript
= "&lt;%= myJavaBean.getArray() %&gt;";</pre></font> but this doesn't
work. Any ideas, anyone?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525736

>From within my JSP page, how do I know whether the user performed a GET or POST request?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525734

I want to use the logger taglib from Jakarta which uses log4j.  Does anyone have a sample
log4j properties/initialization file that they would post so that I could take a look?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525565

How can I get the JSP container to realize when I've modified a file that was included using
&lt;%@ include file="XXX" %&gt;, and to recompile files that include it?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525557

++ Servlets FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Servlets

Do I have to synchronize read-only access to a text file?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=531243

What is a session? What is the difference between session and cookie?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=528741

How can I modify a Request object before passing it to another servlet?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=528234

How do I set session timeouts of greater than 30 minutes?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525564

++ Tomcat FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Tomcat

Does tomcat support Web Services?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=531241

How do I have to configure Tomcat 4.0 for using JDBC 2.0 DataSource objects?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=531070

Can I use *.ear files in Tomcat?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=528164

Why can't Tomcat find my Oracle JDBC drivers in classes111.zip?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=528159

I want to use the logger taglib from Jakarta which uses log4j.  Does anyone have a sample
log4j properties/initialization file that they would post so that I could take a look?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525565

How do I set session timeouts of greater than 30 minutes?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525564

Why do I get the message "FAIL - Unknown command" when trying to run the Tomcat 4 Manager
application?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525563

How to make Tomcat use the Xerces XML parser instead of the Sun JAXP XML parser?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525561