tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 4198] - __lshrdi3: referenced symbol not found
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:20:46 GMT
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4198>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4198

__lshrdi3: referenced symbol not found





------- Additional Comments From jim@mail.ucf.edu  2001-10-25 11:20 -------
UCF update -

I was able to successfully compile and load the module on Solaris 8.  I pulled
down the pre-compiled gcc-2.95.3 (the webapp package does not work with 2.95.2)
package from sun.freeware.com to my system.

I set the LIBS environment variable per Pier's notes and compiled all of the
packages involved using gcc and the Sun ld command (/usr/ccs/bin/ld).  We are
also installed ssl with this web server so we had some additional packages to
install.

We basically rm'd the old source directories and started the installation
process from 'clean' source directories in each case.

I put the mod_webapp.so file in the apache libexec directory and added the
LoadModule statement to the httpd.conf file.  I found that it works better if
you stop/start the server rather than doing a restart with this change.

The 'apachectl configtest' command ran clean and then the full startup seemed to
work (based on the messages in error_log from the startup).

Our web developer is now trying to use the package, but at least the package is
installed and does not cause the web server to abend and die when loading the
web_app module.

Mime
View raw message