tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From g...@stinky.com (Alex Chaffee)
Subject [FAQ] jGuru FAQ Update
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2001 00:22:37 GMT
jGuru maintains FAQs and Forums on Servlets, JSP, and Tomcat (as well as
many other Java topics).  Here is an automated update on recent postings to
Tomcat-related FAQs.  Please direct flames and feedback to alex@jguru.com .

 - Alex

need it? get it. tools, code and tutorials for open-standards based development.

Stay informed with dW's weekly email newsletter
http://www.jguru.com/misc/register_devworks.jsp?src=notify

Hi.  You asked to be notified weekly when certain jGuru.com items get new entries.

You can shut email notification off at the FAQ home
page(s) or:

  http://www.jguru.com/guru/notifyprefs.jsp

++ JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

How to return a value from a servlet to a JSP?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524336

++ Servlets FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Servlets

Can we capture clickstreams using servlets?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524483

How can I call a servlet from a regular Java application?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524479

How do I play a sound on the <b>server</b> from inside a servlet?  The Java Sound
API doesn't seem to work.
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524475

When downloading a PDF document that is less than 8000 bytes long,
the document is downloaded but is not displayed. How can I fix this?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524472

After HttpSession.invalidate() is called I expect the next getSession call should return a
new session with a different session id. However, it returns the same sessionid ???
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524347

When using URLConnection to upload an object from applet to servlet, the servlet's doGet method
is never executed. Why?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524345

How to return a value from a servlet to a JSP?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524336

Can i setup Tomcat to run inside the web server process itself (on Netscape/IIS?), instead
of running it as a separate process. Do there something available i can use or do i have to
write my own JNI code for this?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=520057

++ Tomcat FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Tomcat

How do I configure Tomcat so that my error messages come up in a file, not in the console?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525459

Why do I get an IllegalStateException when using &lt;jsp:include&gt; on a  css or
js file?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525430

Does Tomcat 4 have a GUI?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524503

My Tomcat 3.x server is routinely being attacked by nimda.  Of course it has no effect, but
I'm getting a little tired of it and want to track down where the attacks are coming from.
Is there a way to configure Tomcat to display IP addresses when it logs errors in tomcat.log?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524501

How do I integrate Tomcat 4.0 with Apache? The documentation is sparse.
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524500

How do I determine a class's file location at runtime?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=524494