tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 4217] New: - Mis-named SetCharacterEncodingFilter.clas in distro
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:52:33 GMT
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4217>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4217

Mis-named SetCharacterEncodingFilter.clas in distro

           Summary: Mis-named SetCharacterEncodingFilter.clas in distro
           Product: Tomcat 4
           Version: 4.0.1 Final
          Platform: Macintosh
        OS/Version: MacOS X
            Status: NEW
          Severity: Normal
          Priority: Other
         Component: Webapps
        AssignedTo: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
        ReportedBy: tim@macwebb.com


I downloaded the .tar.gz package, expanded it, and attempted to run via $CATALINA_HOME/
bin/startup.sh.  The examples webapp does not start (exception message follows).  The 
cause, as I found, is that $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/
SetCharacterEncodingFilter.class is mis-named with a .clas extension (note the missing 's').
 
Once I fix this, it starts up just fine.  This happened with release version 4.0, as well.
 I just 
figured it was my system on that release.

Mime
View raw message