tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject failure notice (fwd)
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 02:08:23 GMT
Sign ... sometimes 100k is too small.

I just did a pretty good-sized commit to switch our XML parsing activity
over to the Digester package from jakarta-commons, with a very noticeable
improvement in startup performance.  Here's the summary of the changes.

Craig McClanahan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 17 Oct 2001 00:54:12 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@apache.org
To: craigmcc@apache.org
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at apache.org.

<tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>:
ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept messages larger than 100000 bytes (#5.2.3)

Date: 17 Oct 2001 00:44:03 -0000
From: craigmcc@apache.org
To: jakarta-tomcat-4.0-cvs@apache.org
Subject: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/util/xml PathMatch.java
SaxContext.java XmlAction.java XmlMapper.java XmlMatch.java

craigmcc    01/10/16 17:44:03

  Modified:    .        BUILDING.txt build.properties.sample
               catalina build.xml
               catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/realm
                        MemoryRealm.java RealmBase.java
               catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup Catalina.java
                        CatalinaService.java ContextConfig.java
               catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/util/xml
                        PathMatch.java SaxContext.java XmlAction.java
                        XmlMapper.java XmlMatch.java
  Added:       catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/realm
                        MemoryRuleSet.java
               catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup
                        ContextRuleSet.java CopyParentClassLoaderRule.java
                        EngineRuleSet.java HostRuleSet.java
                        LifecycleListenerRule.java TldRuleSet.java
                        WebRuleSet.java
  Log:
  Migrate XML parsing performed by Tomcat from the Tomcat-specific XmlMapper
  code to the Commons Digester project that is used across a bunch of
  Jakarta and non-Jakarta code.  This will allow us to take advantage of
  it's ability to handle namespace-sensitive parsing, to be shared (in
  /common/lib) if appropriate, as well as the ability
  to reuse Digester instances (Tomcat now starts up noticeably faster --
  I've got a pretty fast box, but its less than 3 seconds for the default
  set of webapps).

  The BUILDING.txt instructions have been updated for the new dependencies
  on commons-digester, commons-collections, and commons-beanutils.

  NOTE:  The configuration rules reflect the refactor that Remy just
  committed for DefaultContext.